Need to Contact Us!
Basic Read-Along Radio Drama Kits
(listen and read along)
Read-Along Radio Dramas for half the price of the Deluxe Kits.
See a list
of available titles!
Basic Kits include:
- A cassette recording of the radio play
with full cast and sound effects (except when identified as a
reading--readings are one voice, no sound effects).
- A word-for-word read-along script (see
- Duplication rights to make and maintain a classroom
set of the printed materials.
- A set of questions for thought, discussion and
- Answer key for questions.
- A word list for vocabulary study.
Kits are unbound.
materials are 3-hole punched,
ready for insertion into your 3-ring binder (binder
- High interest promotes excitement and enthusiasm in class.
- May be used with all ability levels.
- The whole class reads the story, making it possible for all
students to participate in related activities.
- Improves comprehension.
- Improves listening skills.
- Increases reading and listening vocabulary.
- Develops and intuitive sense for the sound patterns of the
- Develops reading rate appropriate to the material being read.
- Improves visualization skills.
- Develops reading confidence.
When used as whole-class
Appropriate for all levels [6 Through Adult].
- Each student (the whole class) has a copy of
the word-for-word script.
- The teacher plays the cassette of the radio
- Using the script, the students read along
(silently) as they listen to the voices of talented actors and image
enhancing sound effects.
- The read-along session is followed by
appropriate activities designed to enhance comprehension and motivate
writing and discussion.
- A read-along session can easily extend the
students' learning activities to: other stories, other authors,
research projects, play writing projects, radio play production
projects, reader's theatre projects, etc. The sky is the limit.
Read-Along Radio Dramas
are ideal for:
- Models for writing plays -- Many teachers use the tapes and scripts as models to help
students write and produce their own classroom audio productions. (See
Theatre of the Mind)
- Learning Stations -- In addition to whole-class read-along, the
kits are ideal for individual or small group activities.
- Emergency Lesson Plans
-- Leave them for substitute teachers and feel confident that
students are engaged in appropriate activities when you can't be in
- Language Arts Classes.
- Drama Classes.
- Reading Classes.
- Reader's Theatre Productions.
- Special Education Classes.
- Substitute Lesson Plans.
here to print an Order Form for mail or FAX.