(listen and read along)
in TWO FORMATS!
Deluxe Kits! ($42.00/$40.00)
one for FREE today!
with tab dividers and descriptive cover sheets -- $42.00.
Two CDs packaged in a cd/dvd
case for easy access and storage -- $40.00. Print materials are in .pdf
See a list
of available titles!
ABOUT DELUXE KITS
- Kits include:
- A recording of the radio play
with full cast and sound effects (except when identified as a reading).
Readings are one voice, no sound effects.
- A word-for-word read-along script. Duplicate and maintain a classroom set.
- Ready-to-use student activity sheets. Duplicate as needed for your students.
- Cloze Activity
- Sequence Activity
- Vocabulary Activity (one or more,
depending upon the difficulty of the vocabulary used in the story)
- Literal Comprehension
- Listening Skills Activity
- Crossword Puzzle (one
- A list of Writing/Discussion
- A literary terms study packet. Duplicate these pages for students to
keep in their binders.
- Teaching suggestions for the specific
Includes answer keys for the student activity sheets.
- Strategies for teaching read-along in the
- An annotated script of the original story. With
questions comparing the original with the adaptation. (Included when
important changes are made in adapting the story.)
- A sample lesson plan.
- Using Read-Along Radio Dramas.
- High interest promotes excitement and enthusiasm in class.
- May be used with all ability levels.
- The whole class reads the story, making it possible for all
students to participate in related activities.
- Improves comprehension.
- Improves listening skills.
- Increases reading and listening vocabulary.
- Develops and intuitive sense for the sound patterns of the
- Develops reading rate appropriate to the material being read.
- Improves visualization skills.
- Develops reading confidence.
- When used as whole-class
- Each student (the whole class) has a copy of
the word-for-word script.
- The teacher plays the cassette of the radio
- Using the script, the students read along
(silently) as they listen to the voices of talented actors and image
enhancing sound effects.
- The read-along session is followed by
appropriate activities designed to enhance comprehension and motivate
writing and discussion.
- A read-along session can easily extend the
students' learning activities to: other stories, other authors,
research projects, play writing projects, radio play production
projects, reader's theatre projects, etc. The sky is the limit.
- Read-Along Radio Dramas
are appropriate for all levels [6 Through Adult].
- Models for writing plays -- Many teachers use the tapes and scripts as models to help
students write and produce their own classroom audio productions. (See
Theatre of the Mind)
- Learning Stations -- In addition to whole-class read-along, the
kits may be used for individual or small group activities .
- Emergency Lesson Plans
-- Leave them for substitute teachers and feel confident that
students are engaged in appropriate activities when you can't be in
- Read-Along Radio Dramas
are used in:
- Language Arts Classes.
- Drama Classes.
- Reading Classes.
- Reader's Theatre Productions.
- ESL Classes.
- Special Education Classes.
HERE TO SEE EXAMPLES OF PRINT MATERIALS!
examples are in .pdf format. In order to view them you will need Adobe
Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
If you need a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may
download it for FREE at: http://www.adobe.com.
here to print an Order Form for mail or FAX.